It’s important for Maine residents to carry car insurance. Auto insurance can be expensive, but there are some cheap car insurance options in Maine. The average car insurance rates provided on this list are based on a 30 year old man with a clean driving record.
- Geico: Geico is the cheapest major auto insurance company for Maine residents. The average Geico client pays only 682 dollars per year. This is nearly 500 dollars less than the Maine average of $1,141. Geico offers comprehensive coverage. Some of their features are bodily injury liability (insurance covering medical bills of other drivers injured by you in an accident), damage caused by uninsured drivers, and property damage caused by your vehicle. You can get a quote online with Geico. It’s also possible to make claims 24/7. Customers are quite satisfied with the company. More than 80% of customers give Geico a rating of 5/5 stars.
- Patriot Insurance: Patriot Insurance’s rates are quite low at an average of 733 dollars per month. One advantage of Patriot Insurance is the fact that you’ll always be able to speak with a representative in person rather than online. In addition, the coverage offered by Patriot Insurance is quite comprehensive.
- Vermont Mutual: Vermont Mutual offers affordable car insurance to Maine residents at an average rate of 876 dollars per month. In addition, you can get discounts if you insure multiple vehicles through Vermont Mutual. You also can get discounts for bundling your car and home insurance with Vermont Mutual. You can report a claim by telephone 24/7, and they offer very comprehensive coverage. There are some extra perks of purchase their car insurance, such as the fact that they offer car security equipment.
- Country Way: Country Way offers affordable car insurance to Maine residents at an average rate of 922 dollars per year. You can use their search feature to find an agent located in your area. In addition, the coverage offered by Country Way is quite comprehensive, and it’s easy to make a claim.
- Concord: Concord Group Insurance offers car insurance to Maine residents at an average rate of 945 dollars per year. In addition, Concord Group Insurance has numerous agents located throughout the state. With Concord Group Insurance, you can pay your bills either online or over the phone. Their coverage is comprehensive, and it’s easy to make claims.
- MetLife: MetLife offers affordable insurance for Maine residents. The average client in Maine pays 991 dollars per year, which is around 150 dollars less per year than the car insurance rates of the average Maine resident. They are a widely known across the country for their comprehensive vehicle coverage. You can get a quote from MetLife online or over the phone.
However, there are a number of factors other than the company you choose that influence what you’ll pay. One factor is your driving history. Therefore, there’s a good chance that you might be able to lower your car insurance rates by obeying traffic laws and driving carefully. The type of vehicle you drive also has an influence on what you’ll pay for insurance, and this is important to take into account when choosing a vehicle.
While this isn’t a factor you can necessarily control, the city you live in will also factor into determining the rate you’ll pay and which insurance companies offer the cheapest coverage.